Friday, March 9, 2012

Fatty Abroad with Idiot Science

When I decided to buckle down again on Wednesday, I didn't weigh myself.  I have been staying a steady weight down to the tenth of a pound for the past month to my annoyance.  I dreaded seeing that number yet again...or perhaps a gain.  Although, what is weight after all?  It's only a gravitational pull on mass, right? 

I finally weighed myself yesterday and to my surprise I was already down two pounds from last week!  This puts me a week ahead in my goals, which is really great, and I don't have to see that same pesky number that has been annoying me, which is even better.  Then I started to really think about weight and if it really matters.  We shouldn't be upset or disappointed by the scale, because after all, look at these fatties.

A Rhino.  A severe fatty if I ever saw one because I'm sure that he has at least a ton on all of us, yet rhinos are adorable.  Perhaps they would not be as adorable when filled with rage and in person, but in photos, they are triumphantly sweet.  If I could make a daisy chain necklace for this one, I  believe that it would increase the gentle sweetness of this fattie (note the "ie").

A mountain.  Imagine the gravitational pull on this massively massive mass.  Fatty for sure.  Perhaps even the fattest fatty on our planet.  We are all waif-like by comparison, which is pretty fantastic.

Our beautiful moon, which has been extremely and dangerously distracting while I've been driving home over the past few nights due to it's absolute gorgeousness.  It's exaggeratingly rounded and catches it's own glow from the reflecting sun rays.  Fat. Fat. Fattest.  I wonder how much it actually weighs?  Then again, it is in space, the lucky devil, so it does have an advantage.  It must live in denial due to how it floats about out there.

These fish are definitely in denial...or are they?  After all, they live their whole lives in water, so really, weight is relative isn't it?  It really doesn't matter at all.  I wonder how much I weigh on the highest mountain, compared to sea level, and then in water.  It would be drastically different, and I bet by my underwater weight would make the Hollywood waifs jealous.  IN YOUR FACE! (This aggression is simply due to all of us having to look at these airbrushed already-thin-enough celebrities.)

Weight is what keeps us from becoming airborne and using tethered ropes to get around.  Weight is a good and fantastic thing, especially for those of us petrified of heights.  An ounce of broccoli is one ounce away from being space junk, and just think! - When we were babies, we were only 7 ounces away from floating out our car seats!  There would be terrified mothers everywhere.  I guess weight is relative and as long as the gravitational pull remains the same where we weigh ourselves, it can be used as only one simple measure of our health.  It is not the primary factor.

Then I saw the standing brooms all over facebook.  Perhaps this is why I am down by two pounds? lol  Go figure.  :)

**I am now fantasizing about a show produced by Ricky Gervais in which he sends me to places to weigh myself...Carl can come with me too so that I may laugh in how my cheerfulness can actually make a person more miserable.  ;)




No comments: