Thursday, August 18, 2011

Sub Robs Woman of Cake

This is not my sub...it's a public domain photo I found of a sub at Quiznos.


At the beginning of the week, one of my goals I listed was meeting (not exceeding) my Weight Watchers points for 6 out of the 7 days.  That meant that one of those days I was going to allow myself to use some of my flex points (additional points for the week so I could eat something spectacularly naughty if I wanted).

The week was going great until yesterday.  I made a decision to go to Quiznos and bring home Mesquite Chicken subs and cups of Brocoli and Cheese soup for a surprise lunch for Matthew and I.  I was thinking that the soup would not be the best decision points wise, but I would just make up for that later in the day.  I also thought that the subs couldn't be that bad either because it was bits of grilled chicken on wheat with vegetables.  I realized while eating it that it had bacon, cheese and ranch dressing on it.
FAIL.

I remained optimistic that it couldn't be that bad.

FAIL.

I looked up the nutrition information after my lunch was consumed.

EPIC FAIL.

Mesquite Chicken Sub (Regular)
Calories: 790
Fat: 39 grams...WHAT?!?!!
Fiber: 4 grams

The sub ended up being around 18 points.  The soup was only 3 (to my surprise).
Together that is nearly all of my points for the entire day!!!  It became apparent that I was going to be using my flex points yesterday, though I wanted to save it for something a bit more naughty than a day I ate a chicken sub on wheat bread. 

I should have just ate cake and called it a day...or had someone inject me with a syringe of fat.

Today will be better - I'll look up the points BEFORE I eat something.  Perhaps trusting my intuition was an extremely bad move, but I do finding myself asking how does the sandwich I ate yesterday contain so many calories and fat?!  Do they inject it with fat?!  If I made the same thing at home, I doubt if it would have been anywhere near those numbers.  What exactly are we eating?

3 comments:

A said...

It takes a bit to get used to the points system.

Also, remember you're allotted quite a few weekly points and you can use them all. Plus don't forget you are also earning activity points for all the exercise you are doing!

Biggest tip I can give, is drink the fluids! Get as close to your 64 ozs a day as possible!

Keep up the good work! If I can do it, anyone can do it!

Kendra said...

Wow, I would've been surprised too. Makes me wonder how often I think I'm eating something fairly healthy when really it's a FAIL, as you said! ;-)

Krystal Booth said...

Thanks, Amber! I'm going to go get a big glass of water right now!

Kendra - Definitely - I'm wondering that too!