Saturday, August 6, 2011

My Little Red Wagon of Fat

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rawartists/5756311534/in/photostream/

This was it.  The link above contains the photo I saw today that solidified what I have been feeling for the past year.  I have been carrying too much of me about the town. 

I immediately called up my best friend, Samm (a.k.a. Schwann) and said, "I just realized that I'm fat, dear Shwann."  And of course we both started laughing.

I don't care for measuring up to anyone else's version of beauty.  They all have way too low of standards for my looks.  People tell me I'm very editorial and high fashion.


Anyway, it's more about feeling good and fit and ready to tackle the rest of my life.  I've struggled with weight throughout my life, and it gets pretty aggravating to have the same reoccuring problem through so many years.  It's as if I am the haunted kid in the movie Insidious and a red wagon of fat keeps circling my bed.  (Sorry, I simultaneously had a flashback of Oprah when she lost all of her weight and pulled out a bag of fat on stage in a wagon).  I've been through this so many times before that I know if I don't stop and get it together now, I will be an even bigger mess later. 

I'm in my early thirties and I know now is the time.  It is the time for both Samm and I to finally put this behind us.  We've been hiding behind our humor for too long.  We will now become those serious people who grunt in gyms too loudly, and never smile behind our sports goggles and biking helmets. 

Not really.  That would suck.  We just want to be fit before it's too late!  To one day feel physically capable of more than just laughing.  Love to all, and cheers to the attempt to change one's lifestyle!

No comments: