Monday, August 8, 2011

There's a Monster in our Way


So now the quest for fitness begins! Day ONE! Oh, Day One, I know you well, dear friend. You have given me all the hope and promise one could ask for. Glad to meet you again.

I exposed my body to fitness yesterday and it didn't really love it. It was like a rebellious horse, or a stubborn mule, or a mentally challenged dog. It was trying to keep up with Tracy Anderson's endless energy on her Cardio Dance routine.  I often wonder what types of drugs she takes to have that boundless energy or how much editing is going on...because it is teetering on unnatural. (Dear Tracy Anderson, I don't really mean that you are on drugs. I just don't understand how you do what you do. It is supernatural perhaps? Did you sell your soul to the devil in order to never get winded or tired? Just wondering, Krystal)

Have you ever seen any of the Tracy Anderson Dance videos? Well, if you haven't, let's just say that to call it "dancing" is a bit of a stretch. It is more like jumping or skipping nonstop and then doing Michael Jackson twirls and jumping jacks every now and then. But I have to tell you - I LOVE it! Why? Because it makes me laugh while I am working out. I do not labor under the pretense that I look fantastic doing the moves. I do not. I look like someone drowning above water with flailing arms, kicking legs, a drenched torso, and a burgundy face. I laugh when physically able to breathe.

MAYBE I exaggerate.

But here is something I cannot exaggerate : BEGINNING MEASUREMENTS.



They are the inevitable monster at the beginning of this journey and they need to be dealt with.

If you have no interest, no need to read further. Thank you for reading! I appreciate all of the encouragement we have recieved so far from each one of you! THANK YOU!

But if you're like me, you require the info. I look at fitness mags and get annoyed when they fail to deliver the starting info...especially on height.  A person could weigh 500 pounds and be fit if they were 12 feet tall.  Likewise if you weighed 100 pounds but were 1 foot tall, you may need to workout a bit.  Height is everything.

Height: 5'7"
Weight: 174.6
Fat: 31%  (I like to say I have comfort when I bump into sharp corners.)

Some may say that is not fat, others will think that it is pleasingly plump, and still others will say I need to get to the gym immediately.  Well, this journey isn't about being mean to my body and judging it.  It's about eventually feeling good in my own skin, and being fit...so losing weight does become a part of it.  I simply don't feel comfortable at this weight, and yes, I have weighed a lot more than this in the past.  I just don't want it to get out of hand again. 

BRING ON DAY TWO!  :)



2 comments:

Jillian said...

Hi Krystal, I'm Jillian. I'm an old friend of Samm's, so I am not going to introduce myself to him. I'm really mad at you guys because I have no time to read your blog but I like it already. Geez, that is annoying.
Best of luck on your journey. I'll be cheering for you. Advice, if I may: use a free website to track what you eat. Diet is more important than exercise when it comes to weight loss. Apologies if I am telling you stuff you already know.
See ya,
Jillian

Krystal Booth said...

Hi Jillian!

It's always nice meeting a friend of Samm, so nice to meet you! Thank you for the luck and advice! Just so you know, I will never shun advice - I welcome information and will never pretend to know it all...because I don't. Indeed, nutrition is ridiculously important, but I haven't shared that yet as I don't want to overload the readers with endless posts. Wordiness is not a blessing, and I have to battle this daily...as you can now see with this response.

Thank you for reading, Jillian, and I appreciate your support! Whenever you have more time, we'll be here posting away. Thank you so much!

Krystal