Monday, August 8, 2011

Fear of Fish

Unlike Krystal, who blurted out her weight and fat percentage for all the world to see, I’m going to go ahead and plead the Jennifer Hudson on those numbers for awhile.  Instead, I’ll make up a word to represent those figures – triluboquotished. 

I will never be triluboquotished again!

Now, onto the real purpose of this post – fish.  Although I used to go fishing with my dad as a kid, the preparation has always been a bit of a frightening experience for me.  Maybe it’s because fish scales have always reminded me of dragon skin, and the thought of eating dragon meat is, quite frankly, unappetizing to me.  Or, perhaps it’s the fact that many people serve fish with bread – just in case you happen to start choking on a fish bone your chances of survival are increased with the huge chunk of dough ripping it out of your esophagus.  Regardless, I’ve avoided making fish at home in the past.



That ends today.

I’ll be baking orange roughy with a sweet and spicy glaze (sans skin, of course). 

“Weigh in” (tee hee) – what kinds of fish are your favorites and how do you prepare them?  Well, besides fried with extra tartar sauce, because we all know that’s really the best way to eat it.

2 comments:

Kendra said...

Love tilapia! I have an awesome cilantro-chipotle recipe; let me know if you want it.

Krystal Booth said...

YES!!! We definitely do - we LOVE cliantro and that sounds like it would be fantastic! Please send it our way! Thank you so much!